In all organizations, managers like you are under increasing pressure to prove their programs—and, by extension, their leadership—are effective. But what constitutes reliable and valid evidence of effectiveness and how can it be generated to assess a program’s effectiveness? What data should be collected? How should managers use it?
In its goal to help you understand how to measure and evaluate program effectiveness, this one-week Leading Successful Programs - Using Evidence to Assess Effectiveness program from Harvard Kennedy School will equip you with:
- A framework for thinking about various types of evidence—from benchmarking and performance measurement to impact evaluation—and their relationship to one another
- Methods for analyzing administrative data to identify potential points for intervention to improve long-term goals
- Tools to measure the effectiveness of your program as well as strategies for generating short- and longer-term assessments of the impact of your programs on participants
- Tactics for integrating qualitative and quantitative data to assess a program's effectiveness
- A deeper understanding of how to make decisions about the best way to spend your limited research budget
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
The Leading Successful Programs curriculum will explore:
- The big questions you need to ask about the effectiveness of programs in your organization
- How to decide what data should be collected, and when
- The kinds of evaluations and other forms of assessment you should conduct
- The key methods to evaluate the impact of programs and when each should be used
- How you should make decisions about which programs to assess
- The role of randomized experiments in evaluating the impact of a program
- How you can make sense of mixed method evaluations and then integrate quantitative and qualitative information to design and implement better programs
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership View 342 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International3600 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
National3600 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3600 USD for the full programme during 5 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.