After a short written test, students in this Estonian Language course at Tallinn University will be divided into groups based on their initial proficiency in the Estonian language. The number of groups depends on the number of participants.
The courses will then foster skills at the following levels:
- Beginner – students will develop basic Estonian communication skills and master day-to-day conversation. The course programme includes pronunciation practice, listening comprehension and easy communication.
- Intermediate – students will further develop their speaking, listening, reading, writing and grammar skills. The students should be familiar with basic Estonian structures. The course programme includes activities on various everyday-life situations.
Why this course?
- You can be one of the few people capable of speaking a very unique language, spoken natively by only about 1.1 million people.
- The course has a long history, as the first Estonian language summer school took place in the beginning of 1990s.
- You will be able to find out if Estonian language is really one of the hardest languages to learn or it’s just a myth.
- 12 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Fully structured
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesLanguages View 10 other Short Courses in Languages in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The course is suitable for students of all levels of competence in the Estonian language, from complete beginners with no practical experience to conversationally capable speakers.
International300 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR for the full programme during 12 days.
EU/EEA300 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 300 EUR for the full programme during 12 days.
For the Estonian Language course there is an opportunity to apply for a scholarship, application deadline is May 1.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.