Becoming a hair dresser, like most other careers, involves an even balance between education and experience. The International Career Institute (ICI) Hairdressing course is a theoretical training program for aspiring and existing hairdressers. Each state has its own regulations on qualifications to practice as a hairdresser. Some states will not require formal qualifications while others will require a Cert III or the completion of a apprenticeship.
The ICI hairdressing stylist programs are designed to enhance students skills and career prospects. It is not designed for the purposes of entry qualifications to practice as a hairdresser in any particular state or territory. The course is for those who want to obtain a flair for styling, an advantage over others in salon practices and management. It is our understanding that SA and NSW currently require hairdressers to have either completed an apprenticeship or Cert III in Hairdressing in order to work as a hairdresser. We also note that WA has recently deregulated its oversight of the hairdressing industry. ICI does not offer hairdressing apprenticeships or Cert III programs.
How Will You Benefit?
- Fast track your career as a hairdresser
- Learn the inside secrets of how to become a hair dressing pro in months not years!
- Study a hairdressing course that was designed in conjunction with senior members of the profession
- Free up valuable time, don’t waste time and money travelling to classes
- Study at your own pace whenever and wherever you are
- Have access to a tutor who works in the industry you are training for
- Easy interest free payment plans from as low as $49 per week
Hairdressing is a unique career that transcends virtually all cultural barriers. Having hairdressing skills and knowledge is a universally recognised career pathway across the majority of the world. Besides the opportunity to work in a number of hair dressing career paths within the country you also have the opportunity to travel and work overseas in the same capacity.
Careers paths include:
- Hairdresser – salon, special events such as weddings, television / film / media, glamour photography, fashion, stage
- Hair Salon Manager
This course is recognised and accredited by the International Association of Private Career Colleges (IAPCC) and the International Approval and Registration Centre (IARC).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Prepare clients for salon services
- Co-ordinate salon services
- Remove chemicals from the hair
- Appointments and client schedules
- Selling products and services
- Diagnoses of client hair and scalp conditions
- Treating hair and scalp
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Places are limited, in demand and entry into the course is on a first come first served basis.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Tourism & Leisure View 7 other Short Courses in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are NO previous work or education requirements for entry into any course level.
- Students may enrol directly into the Certificate or Advanced Certificate levels without completing lower ranked qualifications.
- Graduates can expect higher course levels to result in higher potential salary, positions, and skill capabilities.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1611 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1611 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
National1611 AUD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1611 AUD for the full programme during 6 months.
- ICI Diploma : $1611
- ICI Advanced Diploma : $2088
- Pay Upfront : - 10% Off = $1450 or $1880
- Weekly Instalment Plan : $49 x 32 weeks or $49 x 42 weeks
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.