About this Politics, Culture and the Media in Southeast Asia course of The University Of Nottingham Malaysia
Contemporary South-East Asia is one of the fastest growing regions in the world, but that growth challengingly uneven between powerhouses like Singapore and the less advanced nations such as Laos and Myanmar.
The political landscape is a mixed of authoritarian or centralised states, as Vietnam, and vibrant democracies like the Philippines and Indonesia.
- Orientalism and Cultural Imperialism
- Decolonizing Southeast Asia
- Hegemony, Control and Regulation
- Propaganda and Political Communication
- Politics and Citizenship
- Media Technologies and Social Movements in Southeast Asia
- 12 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies Media Studies & Mass Media Political Science
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at The University Of Nottingham Malaysia and/or in Malaysia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
Pre-University participants who are interested in taking a Level 2 module will be considered on a case to case basis.Applicants eligible to apply will be :
- Pre-University, undergraduates, postgraduates and academics from any institutions worldwide.
- Working adults who are not currently enrolled in any academic programme are also welcome to apply.
- All the programmes are delivered in English and students are expected to have good English language ability * IELTS or other English language certificates will be considered.
- You must be aged 18 or over.
- Formal academic requirements not necessary.
International585 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
National585 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 585 GBP for the full programme during 12 days.
- The two-week programme costs RM3200 per person (approximately GBP 585)
Living costs for Kuala Lumpur
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.