The Managing Human Resources in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry course is part of the International Hospitality Management MicroMasters Program from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - HKPolyUx.
In this business and management course, we will analyze contemporary issues in the management of human capital in the hotel and tourism industry, within both macro- and micro-perspectives.
You will learn how organizational culture impacts human capital, how to effectively staff your team, leadership skills and how to manage employee motivation. We will also discuss how different cultures approach human resource management (HRM).
What you'll learn:
- Evaluate and discuss the knowledge and theories of managing human resources applicable to the hotel and tourism industry
- Appraise and analyze human resources functions and employee motivation in the context of the hotel and tourism environment
- Evaluate the impacts and factors that affect the development of organizational culture
- Assess the relationship between the hotel and tourism industry and their society; and evaluate the impacts of social, economical, and cultural factors on managing human resources
- Analyze and evaluate HR research journals to identify applicable methodologies
- Identify human resources problems within the hotel and tourism context, and apply research skills and techniques to solve these problems
- Analyze and appraise related numerical and graphical data regarding managing human resources, and develop solutions for industry practitioners.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Human resources staffing
- Organizational culture and its impacts on human capital
- Contemporary leadership and managing diversity
- Equal employment opportunities and managing employment turnover
- International human resources management
- Human resources in new project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Human Resource Management Tourism & Leisure
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Leaners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $198 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.