The Managing Marketing in the Hospitality and Tourism Industry course is part of the International Hospitality Management MicroMasters program from The Hong Kong Polytechnic University - HKPolyUx.
Marketing within the hotel and tourism industry presents unique challenges, as marketers are tasked with selling services and memories rather than goods. In this hospitality management course, you will learn how to apply marketing knowledge and skills to the hotel and tourism industry.
This course is part of a MicroMasters® Program
You will learn best practices for building customer loyalty and creating a strong brand and learn how to efficiently communicate to stakeholders through integrated marketing communications. You will also learn about the importance of marketing to both previous and new customers.
Students’ learning experience will be enhanced through the use of creative approaches to solve marketing problems in hotel and tourism settings.
What you'll learn:
- Examine and evaluate the marketing theories and concepts within the context of management and operations of hospitality and tourism organizations
- Analyze the relationship between consumers, practitioners, and policy makers of hospitality and tourism services/products
- Evaluate the contributions and impacts of hospitality and tourism in social, economic, political, cultural, and other areas
- Analyze and apply various marketing theories and concepts to practical applications in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Communicate and respond appropriately to stakeholders in the hospitality and tourism industry
- Identify marketing problems within the hospitality and tourism context, and apply marketing knowledge and skills to solve the problems
- Organize and analyze related numerical and graphical data, and translate them into business information.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Market Segmentation Analysis and Branding
- Strategic Marketing
- Individual Customers and Organizational Customers
- Integrated Marketing Communication
- Destination Experience Marketing and Management
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 6 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesMarketing Management, Organisation & Leadership Hospitality Management
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Leaners need to have hospitality and tourism related experiences.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $198 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.