The Risk and Return course is part of Corporate Finance from Columbia University - ColumbiaX.
What you'll learn
- How to measure risk
- Estimate the expected return of an asset based on its risk
- Adjust the risk of the equity and debt of a firm when the firm changes its capital structure
- Calculate the weighted average cost of capital (essential input to value of firm)
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Risk, return, and the Capital Asset Pricing Model (CAPM)
- The Weighted Average Cost of Capital (WACC) and the effect of capital structure on WACC
- Case study: Estimating the WACC
- Valuation capstone case
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 days
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management Actuarial Science View 12 other Short Courses in Actuarial Science in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Students must be familiar with basic concepts of Accounting; basic skills in Microsoft Excel (or equivalent);
- Students should have completed Introduction to Corporate Finance and The Free Cash Flow Method for Firm Valuation.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $225 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.