Design of Serious Games is a multidisciplinary programme that combines game design, interaction design and instructional design. Its objective is to bring together experts with different backgrounds (art, ICT, pedagogy, psychology) and design and develop serious and learning games in heterogeneous teams.
During this intensive summer course participants will learn the essentials of designing serious and learning games. Students with different backgrounds from all over the world will form teams and design new serious games from idea to working prototype. The environment used for prototyping does not require programming skills.
Why this course?
- The course brings together people with different backgrounds who can learn a lot not only from the teacher, but also from each other.
- You will find out how to make learning more fun for yourself and others.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The nature of serious games
- Examples of serious and learning games
- Game design process and roles
- Finding the idea and defining goal for the serious game
- Gameplay: challenges and actions
- Game core mechanics: objects and conditions
- Design of game assets: game world, characters, story
- Game Development environments
- Game Development in eAdventure
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Computer Sciences Urban Planning
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
The course is for teachers, educational technologists, designers, developers, story writers, graphical designers and all others who are interested in designing serious games. The goal is to form heterogeneous teams of students with different backgrounds.
International200 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
National200 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Scholarships are available, application deadline May 1.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.