Gamification is a process that helps you create interesting, interactive and fun content from the mundane by adding game-inspired elements. The best part about gamification is that it can be applied to many aspects in life, the fields of business, marketing and education being just a few examples.
The Gamification Workshop explores the concept of gamification through real-life examples, and then gives participants the opportunity to work in a team to develop their own working prototype. Teams will develop their own projects from an idea through design to working prototype.
Why this course?
- The knowledge on using game-design elements and game principles is useful in many fields, including business, marketing, education etc.
- You get to develop your idea into a working prototype.
Topics covered during this course:
- Introducing participants
- The nature of gamification and gamification design process
- Examples of gamification– Generating and selecting ideas for gamification
- Forming teams and dividing roles
- Designing challenges
- Designing intrinsic motivators
- Designing extrinsic motivators
- Design of feedback and progress
- Incorporation of entertaining elements
- Other game elements
- Prototype development
- Prototype presentation and testing
- 5 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Regular mandatory meetings
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesVideo Games & Multimedia Human Computer Interaction View 4 other Short Courses in Human Computer Interaction in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is suitable for all people who are interested in adding game elements in to nongame environment.
International200 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
National200 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 200 EUR for the full programme during 5 days.
Scholarships are available, application deadline May 1.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.