Get an introduction to mergers and acquisitions with this first course in a program from the New York Institute of Finance.
In this introductory course you will get an overview of the major aspects of the mergers and acquisitions (M&A) industry.
You’ll discover the theories and concepts that underpin mergers and acquisitions, and learn the skills involved in executing transactions, from a deal’s inception to post-merger integration.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the Mergers and Acquisitions - Concepts and Theories course offered by FutureLearn in partnership with the New York Institute of Finance, you'll be able to:
- Identify common motivations for acquisitions and the reasons why many are unsuccessful
- Evaluate the specific emerging market risk for M&A and learn valuation techniques for special valuation cases
- Identify public companies, comparable companies, comparable acquisitions, and leverage buyout valuations
- Summarise the Discounted Cash Flow approach
- Describe the positive and negative attributes of the M&A methodologies
- Explore the key risks associated with the acquisition process
- Discuss the characteristics of a successful deal
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Week 1 - Overview and buyer strategies
Emerging market issues and the buyer’s viewpoint
- Week 2- Finding and pricing a deal
How to start the acquisitions, risks and approaches to valuations
- Week 3 - Special valuation cases
Through case studies explore emerging markets, premiums and discounts
- 21 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesEconomics Finance Econometrics View 150 other Short Courses in Finance in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is ideal for financial analysts and associates. It is also suitable for directors and managers who have transitioned, or hope to transition, to mergers and acquisitions from other areas, such as equities or fixed income.
- To get the most from this course you will need a good knowledge of financial analysis and MS Excel.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $54. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.