Electric vehicles are the future of transportation. Electric mobility has become an essential part of the energy transition strategy and will result in significant changes for vehicle manufacturers, governments, companies and individuals.
In this Electric Cars course offered by EdX in collaboration with Delft University of Technology (TU Delft) - DelftX, you will be given a comprehensive view of electric mobility. You will gain knowledge of the most important aspects of this new market, including state-of-the-art technology of electric vehicles and charging infrastructure; profitable business models that can work for enterprises in this market; and effective policies for governmental bodies, which will accelerate the uptake of electric mobility.
This series of four courses will deliver expertise you can apply to all aspects of electric mobility as its importance grows. It will help policy makers, engineers and fleet managers to make sound strategic decisions about e-mobility products and their implications.
This program was co-developed by Dutch Innovation Centre for Electric Road Transport (Dutch-INCERT) and TU Delft and is taught by experts from both the industry and academia, who share their knowledge and insights.
- New registrations of electric cars hit a new record in 2016, with over 750 thousand sales worldwide (International Energy Agency)
- As the number of electric cars continues to increase, private and publicly accessible charging infrastructure also continues to grow (International Energy Agency)
- Jobs in electric vehicle show great potential for new employment opportunities, and employment is expected to grow in all of the major sectors of industry (Source: Bureau of Labor Statistics, US Department of Labor)
- Job opportunities include: R&D manager; business development manager or international account manager in EV (related) industries. Also, consultant or advisor in business and government who can lead and support projects related to future mobility.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electric Cars: Introduction
- Electric Cars: Technology
- Electric Cars: Business
- Electric Cars: Policy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology Automotive Engineering View 9 other Short Courses in Electrical Engineering in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International356 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
National356 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 356 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
5% discount coupon: Z7LZNQ4TN3B2JTWU valid for any free course + certificate upgrade.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.