In this Online Fundamentals of Data Science (Non-Technical) programme offered by the University of Southampton , one of the best-ranked universities in the world. During this course, you will be guided by tutors who will use a practical approach based on real-life examples and interactive tasks.
The part-time delivery of this course perfectly suits professionals who want to develop new skills or who need to advance their knowledge in order to be more efficient at work.
Why study this course?
- Unlike many other online courses, this one is to tutor-lead. Southampton academics will be there to answer your questions and provide support.
- Continuing Professional Development (CPD) accredited, which means that the learning activity has reached high standards and benchmarks. It will represent a point of interest at your work interviews
- Practical approach - learn how to work with AI
The University of Southampton is one of the best in the world and is ranked among the top 100 universities, globally
How you'll learn
- Supervision during the course
One of the advantages of the Fundamentals of Data Science (Non-Technical)course is the fact that it is tutor-led. Even if it is an online course, the help of tutors is as important as in a physical classroom. The teachers in this course are meant to inspire and motivate you. They are data science experts who are able to deliver valuable and complex information. Also, they can provide you access to relevant documents if you need them to.
- Hands-on learning useful for your day-to-day job
Learning is based on real-life business situations to demonstrate how you can immediately use the power of data science at work. You will have access to a learning platform usually accessible anytime and anywhere from a smartphone tablet or desktop.
Evaluation methods and feedback
In this course, four assignments are needed. For each assignment, your tutor will give a mark and comments. At the end of the course, you will be awarded a downloadable certificate.
After successfully completing the course, you’ll be able to:
- Be familiar with key concepts of data science and their real-world application
- Sort the various types of data available and their rights
- Create an effective data collection and management plan
- Prepare for analysis
- Analyse a considerable amount of data to obtain valuable insights
- Create ways to effectively visualise data
- Successfully work with live data and understand what benefits cloud services can bring
- Critically assess the challenges and opportunities that can appear from using data science within your workplace
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What data science is and why it’s important
- Creating impact from data science
- Introduction to data storytelling
- Understanding your rights to use data
- The data spectrum
- Unlocking value from open data
- Gathering data
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences Statistics Data Science & Big Data View 47 other Short Courses in Informatics & Information Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Comfortable using Excel. No coding required.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International1500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
EU/EEA1500 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1500 GBP for the full programme during 1 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.