The Driving Speed through Agile Planning Certificate from EdX in partnership with University System of Maryland - USMx.
Speed is by far the most sought-after benefit of Agile.
First mover advantages, the economic cost of delays, and the enabling effect on innovation drive the search for speed. Agile offers the fastest means of attaining speed: managing scope. But beyond the hype over scope management, there are key principles of non-traditional task management that ensure the scope chosen is delivered as efficiently as possible.
In this course, you’ll learn how to drive speed into any project by selecting and limiting work-in-progress through agile planning and task management.
What you will learn
- Kanban boards to limit work-in-progress (WIP)
- Time boxing activities to eliminate delays and gain schedule advances
- Application and iteration of the Pareto Principle
- Rolling Wave Planning
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Week 1: The first week focuses the discussion on Agile to its primary benefit, Speed, and how to easily calculate and prove its supremacy in benefits of any project management method because of timing impacts and market changes outside a project manager’s control.
- Week 2: The second week explores why and how varying scope is the most powerful method to achieve speed; introducing the Exponential Pareto Principle and how to apply it effectively.
- Week 3: The third week dives into second tier methods for achieving speed through sizing, simplicity, and sprints with real-world examples ranging from air and space craft to software.
- Week 4: The last week teaches ground-level techniques to avoid delays, increase speed, and apply a full range of planning, execution, and control techniques that will guarantee 2x or better improvement on traditional projects.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesProject Management Management Studies Strategic Management View 72 other Short Courses in Strategic Management in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Level: Advanced
- Prerequisites: None
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 28 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 28 days.
Add a Verified Certificate for $199 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.