Are you responsible for dealing with the economics and policies governing the transition- and implementation of biobased products and resources? Join the course Economics and Policies in a Biobased Economy and discover the whole value chain from Research & Development, over application, processing, retailing and final demand.
Learn how the value chain and the rents and their distribution along the chain are affected by policies. Examples such as the benefits and costs of developing, cultivating, and marketing genetically modified organisms (GMOs) will be discussed extensively.
Upgrade your knowledge about the recent trends in the circular economy and in sustainable business. Know how to measure adoption and environmental benefits, learn about the benefits and costs and the distribution of sustainable products, market power, approval processes, supply chain, guiding policies and the current social debate.
This Economics and Policies in a Biobased Economy course at Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX is part of the MicroMasters program Business and Economics for a Circular Economy.
Explore the other courses in the MicroMasters program:
- Circular Economy: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- From Fossil Resources to Biomass: a Chemistry Perspective
- Capstone Business and Economics for a Circular Economy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn
- Explain the economic issues and policies affecting the biobased economy at the EU and international level
- Identify the important factors driving the development of the circular bioeconomy
- Assess the development of the circular bioeconomy from an economic perspective
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 28 days
- 12 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Environmental Economics & Policy View 12 other Masters in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To optimally learn in/from and complete the complete MicroMasters Program we expect you to have a bachelor degree in social sciences (preferably business-, or economics). However, there is no formal entry level requirement for this MOOC.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.