Students need basic English language skills to help them in the classroom and to understand the materials.
While in the Intensive English Language program from Moraine Valley Community College , students can expect classes that meet five days a week with one to four hours of instruction each day. You receive personal attention that helps develop your skills and allows you to practice. Classes are available for fall, spring, and summer semesters beginning in August, January, and June. Students should prepare for enrollment by visiting the English Language Learner Center at least three weeks before the start of each new semester.
The English Language Learner Center assists resident foreign-educated students who were primarily educated in a language other than English to determine if academic English instruction is required before they enroll in academic college classes.
The English Language Learner Center also assists American high school graduates who were enrolled in ESL programs. Some of these students need to continue in academic English instruction upon entering college. Both foreign graduates and American high school ESL graduates are candidates for the program. They are referred to as English language learners or ELLs.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Beginning: function in a very limited way in situations related to immediate needs; understand frequently used words in context and very simple phrases spoken slowly and with some repetition; communicate with great difficulty.
- Intermediate: satisfy basic survival needs; participate in a conversation in limited social situations; communicate with some hesitation, relying on description and concrete terms.
- Advanced: understand and communicate in a variety of contexts related to daily life and work; show control of basic grammar; develop and utilize more complex structure.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages View 3448 other programmes in Languages in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- A graduate from an accredited high school
- A recipient of a GED certificate or other High School Equivalency certificate
- At least 18 years old and capable of benefiting from college-level instruction. High school students must be at least 16 years old at the time of registration and submit a completed high school authorization form
- Planning to enroll in English as a second language, GED or Adult Basic Education classes
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International11100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit
National11100 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 370 USD per credit
In-State3930 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 131 USD per credit
Living costs for Palos Hills
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.