The Machine Learning Theory and Application program at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) introduces students to the theoretical foundations of machine learning and data science, as well as to the solution of real business problems with the help of computer vision, classification and regression algorithms.
The optimal balance between theory and practice provides both a good foundation and the ability to apply knowledge in practice.
The cultural program includes:
- Online Pub Quiz;
- Online Interactive Tour to SPbPU Museum;
- Online broadcasting of excursion to the Hermitage museum;
- Machine learning algorithms review: brief history and prerequisites of ML algorithms, their classification, mathematical description, applications and limitations;
- Artificial Neural Networks (NN) review: structure, classification, steps of development a NN solution, applications examples;
- Machine learning practice (Machine learning libraries, frameworks (Python);
- Code examples. Neural Networks development for prognosis of the manufacturing data);
- Model predictive control (MPC) review: brief history and prerequisites of MPC, classification, MPC controller structure;
- Model predictive control practice: Code examples, MPC development, building of the MPC application, based on prognosis of Neural Networks.
- Ogul Unal - PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; M-com Search Engine Optimization specialist;
- Nikita Kudryashov – PhD, Institute of Computer Science and Technology, SPbPU; Gazprom-neft leading specialist.
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- for EU- or visa-free countries nationals: December 01
- for non-EU nationals: November 01
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Machine Learning View 5 other Short Courses in Machine Learning in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Elementary knowledge of programming skills;
- Basic Python skills (classes, conditional constructs, functions, loops, methods, syntax);
- Knowledge of basics of matrix operations and differentiation;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
International270 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
National270 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 14 days.
Online format: 270 Euro
Hybrid format: 270 Euro + 4000 Rub (non-refundable registration fee for the Letter of Invitation)
Living costs for Saint Petersburg
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.