Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) aims to present the fundamentals of plasma physics particularly highlighting high-temperature plasma physics and its applications to controlled fusion. The course begins with an overview of plasma phenomena and their applications. The lectures cover Coulomb collisions, single particle motion in magnetic field, magnetic traps, principles of controlled fusion, plasma heating and diagnostics.
Students at Plasma Physics and Controlled Fusion from Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) will:
- acquire and consolidate skills and competence
- have study visits to a tokamak laboratory and a laboratory for plasma technologies.
The cultural program includes:
- Excursion to the Hermitage, one of the world’s largest and oldest museums of fine art;
- Pub Quiz;
- Excursion to the Kunstkamera museum, a cabinet of curiosity;
- Field trip to the “Baltika” Brewery/"Coca-Cola" factory where students can learn about the construction and logistic peculiarities of the plant;
- Full-day Wintry Event with sleigh riding and skating (optional for extra price).
- P.R. Goncharov, Ph.D., Polytech, Russia
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhysics Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 13 other Short Courses in General Engineering & Technology in Russia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Peter the Great St. Petersburg Polytechnic University (SPbPU) and/or in Russia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Knowledge of Calculus and General Physics corresponding to the first two years of a Bachelor's degree program in physics, mathematics, technology etc;
- Good command of English. All classes and extracurricular activities are conducted in English. Knowledge of the Russian language is not required;
- Applicants are expected to have at least 1 year of University level studies.
International270 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
National270 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 270 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.