The Certified Expert in Microfinance course from Frankfurt School of Finance and Management provides a detailed introduction into the topic of microfinance. It not only presents international trends and best practices with respect to microcredits, microsavings and microinsurance, but also dwells into the challenges and complexity of managing a microfinance institution. Most MFIs operate in an increasingly competitive environment that is quickly changing (e.g. through mobile banking), where both social and financial performance need to be closely monitored to correctly influence management decisions. Participants will thus learn how to cope with the specific challenges that microfinance institutions face today.
- An interactive e-learning course including video lectures, PDF scripts, examples, practical exercises, online tests and case studies.
- A discussion forum for course related issues as well as for exchange of opinions and experiences with , tutors, peers or the FSDF e-Campus team.
- Personalized support from your e-Campus team.
- The possibility to achieve a Frankfurt School certificate after passing the final exam or a confirmation of course completion after completing the course.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Microfinance - International Trends and Best Practice
Managing Micro Credits
Managing Micro Savings and Micro Insurance
- Practical Ethics in Risk Management & Risk Governance
Marketing and Sales
- Financial and Social Performance Management
- Management of Human Resources
The CEMF online course primarily addresses microfinance practitioners, such as mid-level managers and field staff of microfinance institutions and other financial institutions engaged with microfinance in developing countries, emerging economies and developed nations.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEconomics Finance International Development View 3 other Short Courses in Economics in Germany
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International900 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
EU/EEA900 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 900 EUR for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.