Online communication and digital technologies dominate our everyday lives, extend our abilities, and change the way we communicate with each other.
From Digital Technologies to Social Media programme is offered by Curtin University - Curtin University - CurtinX.
This Xseries brings together three Internet Studies MOOCS:
- NET1x will increase learners’ understandings of social media by looking at the ways networked connectivity let users become 'social'
- NET2x further explores the way digital technologies and social media channels impact our daily routines and transform how we live, using people with disability as a case study. Learners will be introduced to the social model of disability and the ways negative attitudes affect digital accessibility and representation.
- Continuing the theme of human reliance on technologies, NET3x explores how people communicate with robots and bots in everyday life, both now and into the future.
What you will learn
- Map significant milestones in the emergence of social media
- Identify how different users are impacted by digital in/accessibility
- Extrapolate current social trends online and map possible directions in social media
- Understand how people interpret robots and bots as communicating, social, even emotional, others
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Media: How Media Got Social
- Disability and Digital Media: Accessibility, Representation and Inclusion
- Communicating with Robots and Bots
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesCommunication Studies Marketing Corporate Communication View 5 other Short Courses in Corporate Communication in Australia
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International417 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National417 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 417 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.