Want to learn about circuits and electronics? Wondering how the electronics behind sensors and actuators works, or how to make computers run faster, or your mobile phone battery last longer? This series of Circuits and Electronics courses taught by edX CEO and MIT Professor Anant Agarwal and colleagues is for you.
These online Circuits & Electronics courses are taken by all Electrical Engineering and Computer Science (EECS) majors from Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) - Massachusetts Institute of Technology - MITx.
Topics covered include: circuit abstraction, circuit elements such as resistors and sources, signals, and networks; circuit design and circuit analysis methods; digital abstraction, digital logic, and basic digital design; electronic devices including MOSFETs, digital switches, amplifiers; Energy storage elements like capacitors and inductors; dynamics of first-order and second-order networks and circuit speed; design in the time and frequency domains; op-amps, filters, and analog and digital circuits, signal processing, and applications. Design and lab exercises are also significant components of the XSeries program.
What you will learn
- How to design and analyze circuits using both intuition and mathematical analysis
- How to construct simple digital circuits and improve their speed
- How to construct and analyze filters and their frequency response using capacitors and inductors
- Design circuits applications using MOS transistors and operational amplifiers
- How to measure circuit variables using tools such as virtual oscilloscopes, virtual multimeters, virtual frequency analyzers, and virtual signal generators
- Compare the measurements of the circuit variables with the behavior predicted by mathematical models and explain the discrepancies
- This is a series of 3 courses that are best taken in order.
Courses in this program
- Circuits and Electronics 1 : Basic Circuit Analysis
- Circuits and Electronics 2: Amplification, Speed, and Delay
- Circuits and Electronics 3: Applications
- 4 months
- 7 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesElectrical Engineering Electronics & Embedded Technology General Engineering & Technology View 7 other Short Courses in Electrical Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
International456 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 456 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
National456 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 456 USD for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.