How does one become a scout? Or a technical director of a football club? There really isn’t a course you can take for that. That is what we want to change with our Football Behaviour Management (FBM) course.
The main idea is to combine relevant scientific theory with the practical knowledge of professionals working as scouts, technical directors or player agents. During the course you will find new talent, apply the relevant scientific theories to your findings and present the talent you find to the decision makers of the virtual club.
Upon completion of this Football Behaviour Management course at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam you should be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the importance of organisational behaviour to achieve excellent results within a professional football organisation.
- Explain how OBM and ABA can help change organisational behaviour
- Show familiarity with the ABC model and ABC analysis.
- Discuss the main concepts in OBM/ABA and how they can help improve performance.
- Apply the OBM protocol to real-life behaviour.
- Model a professional football organisation with VSM.
- Organisational Behaviour Management (OBM)
- Viable System Model (VSM)
- Cybernetic Big Five Theory (CB5T)
This course is for students and professionals in the field of social, exact, or technical sciences who want to know more about changing organisational behaviour through positive reinforcement within professional football club
- 11 days
Start dates & application deadlines
Early Bird Deadline: 15 March
DisciplinesOrganisational Behaviour Sports Management Sports Sciences View 3 other Short Courses in Organisational Behaviour in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam and/or in Netherlands, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Who can join? Anyone with an interest in the football side of running & developing a professional football club.
- It is not necessary to provide us with proof of your English. We do expect your English to be sufficient to understand classes and course literature.
International950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 EUR for the full programme during 11 days.
EU/EEA950 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 950 EUR for the full programme during 11 days.
- VU Students/PhD candidates and employees of VU Amsterdam* or an Aurora Network Partner: €650
- Students at Partner Universities of VU Amsterdam: €500
- Students and PhD candidates at non-partner universities of VU Amsterdam : €950
- Professionals: €1150
Living costs for Amsterdam
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
If you have been accepted to VU Amsterdam Summer School and have paid the tuition fee, but due to unforeseen circumstances need to cancel, the following refunds will be given:
- Cancellation before 1 May: 100% of total fee will be refunded
- Cancellation before 1 June: 50% of total fee will be refunded
- Cancellation after 1 June: no refund will be given
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.