Recent outbreaks of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases have shown we need to be able to coordinate responses to disease outbreaks at the regional, country and global level.
On this Disease Outbreaks in Low and Middle Income Countries course from London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine by FutureLearn you will explore disease outbreaks, discovering what outbreaks are and why they matter as well as the different responses to such outbreaks. You will also consider the future of outbreak preparedness.
Through the course you will learn from experts at LSHTM, a leading institution in the field and part of the UK Public Health Rapid Support Team (UK-PHRST) partnership.
By the end of the course, you'll be able to:
- Describe and define what outbreaks are and their impacts
- Describe how we prepare for and respond to outbreaks
- Explore future approaches to outbreak preparedness and response
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
The course is divided into three broad sections:
- What are outbreaks and why do they matter?
- How do we prepare and respond to outbreaks?
- What is the future of outbreak preparedness and response?
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesBiomedicine Human Medicine Complementary & Alternative Medicine View 10 other Short Courses in Complementary & Alternative Medicine in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is for those interested in, studying or working in global and public health.
- This includes government stakeholders; health practitioners and NGO employees - particularly those working in countries regularly affected by infectious disease outbreaks.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 21 days.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $54. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.