The COVID-19 crisis has created an unprecedented need for contact tracing across the country, requiring thousands of people to learn key skills quickly. The job qualifications for contact tracing positions differ throughout the country and the world, with some new positions open to individuals with a high school diploma or equivalent.
Students will learn about how contact tracing is done, including how to build rapport with cases, identify their contacts, and support both cases and their contacts to stop transmission in their communities.
The COVID-19 Contact Tracing course offered by Coursera in partnership with Johns Hopkins University will also cover several important ethical considerations around contact tracing, isolation, and quarantine. Finally, the course will identify some of the most common barriers to contact tracing efforts -- along with strategies to overcome them.
What you will learn
- Describe the natural history of SARS-CoV-2 , including the infectious period, the presentation of COVID-19, and evidence for how it is transmitted.
- Define an infectious contact and timeline for public health intervention through contact tracing.
- Demonstrate the utility of case investigation and contact tracing, identify common barriers, and possible strategies to overcome them.
- Present some ethical considerations around contact tracing, isolation and quarantine.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Basics of COVID-19
- Basics of Contact Tracing for COVID-19
- Steps to Investigate Cases and Trace Their Contacts
- Ethics of Contact Tracing and Technological Tools
- Skills for Effective Communication
- Final Assessment (Graded)
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 7 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Health Informatics View 122 other Short Courses in Public Health in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Beginner Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 7 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 7 days.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.