You will hear from historical figures and individuals about their journeys to finding and living a purposeful life, and will walk through different exercises to help you find out what matters most to you so you can live a purposeful life.
As an added benefit, you will also have complimentary access, for a period of time, to the Purposeful App. This groundbreaking mobile and desktop app is designed to help you build a purposeful rhythm into each day, so you can bring your best self to what matters most. Look for more information in Week 1 of the course!
By the end of this Finding Purpose and Meaning In Life - Living for What Matters Most course offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Michigan, you will:
- Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being.
- Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being.
- Be able to create a purpose for your life (don't be intimidated, this is different from creating "the purpose" for your life).
- Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day.
What you will learn
- Understand that having a strong purpose in life is an essential element of human well-being
- Know how self-transcending purpose positively affects well-being
- Create a purpose for your life
- Apply personal approaches and skills to self-change and become and stay connected to your purpose every day
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- What is a Purpose in Life?
- How Purpose Organizes our Lives
- How Purpose Changes our Lives
- How Purposes Work in Real Life
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Coaching Educational Psychology View 12 other Short Courses in Coaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Beginner Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You’ll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.