In markets, prices act as rationing devices, encouraging or discouraging production and consumption to find an equilibrium. In this course, you will learn to construct demand curves to capture consumer behavior and supply curves to capture producer behavior. The resulting equilibrium price “rations” the scarce commodity.
Additionally, the Firm Level Economics - Markets and Allocations course offered by from Coursera in partnership with University of Illinois examines the ways in which markets are subject government intervention and the impacts of these interventions.
You will be able to:
- Explain how different market structures result in different resource allocations
- Model the impact of external shocks to a particular market structure and demonstrate the new equilibrium price and quantity after the impact of this external shock has played out
- Evaluate the efficiency of an equilibrium
- Explain when and why the government might intervene with regulatory authority or antitrust litigation to lessen inefficiencies in some markets
- Describe how information problems can cause inefficient outcomes
- Understand externalities and consider optimal government response to these market failures
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Course Orientation
- Perfect Competition
- Monopoly Markets and Efficiency
- Oligopoly and Game Theory
- Market Failures
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Marketing View 133 other Short Courses in Marketing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.