Why are organisational misbehaviours such as cynicism, apathy, bullying and disengagement increasingly prevalent in the workplace?
This course examines these tensions and how transformational, authentic and inclusive leadership styles offer an alternative to the more autocratic, job-centred and controlling leadership styles of the past. You’ll learn how the digital revolution, along with an increased focus on projects and teamwork, has dramatically altered the perception of leadership in a way that now demands all organisational members take on some form of self-leadership.
And you’ll learn how this change is causing tensions between traditional leaders and the contemporary practices vital to maintain agility in today’s ultra-competitive marketplace. This learning will be complemented by structured activities such as video lectures, quizzes, discussion prompts and written assessments.
What You Will Learn
- Critically evaluate the similarities and differences between traditional and contemporary theories of leadership
- Examine the complexities and challenges of day-to-day organisational life might require agile shifts between different leadership styles
- Analyse how post-industrial forms of participative and self-organising leadership might enable or disable effective cross-functional teamwork
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The Leadership Challenge
- The Practices of Individual Leadership
- Leading Teams
- Leading the Organisation
- Leadership and Ambiguity
- Critical, Pragmatic, and Popular Perspectives on Leadership
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Organisational Behaviour Corporate Communication View 31 other Short Courses in Corporate Communication in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Beginner Level
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.