Data science and machine learning skills continue to be in highest demand across industries, and the need for data practitioners is booming.
Upon completing this IBM Data Science Program offered by EdX in partnership with IBMx, you will be armed with the skills and experience you need to start your career in data science and machine learning.
Through hands-on assignments and high-quality instruction, you will build a portfolio using real data science tools and real-world problems and data sets. The curriculum will cover a wide range of data science topics including: open source tools and libraries, methodologies, Python, databases, SQL, data visualization, data analysis, and machine learning. There is no requirement for prior computer science or programming knowledge in order to take this program.
What you will learn
- Apply various Data Science and Machine Learning skills, techniques, and tools to complete a project and publish a report.
- Practice with various tools used by Data Scientists and become experienced in using some of them like Jupyter notebooks.
- Master the key steps involved in tackling a data science problem and learn to follow a methodology to think and work like a Data Scientist.
- Write SQL to query databases and explore relational database concepts.
- Understand Python and practice Python programming using Jupyter.
- Import and clean data sets, analyze data, build and evaluate data models and pipelines using Python.
- Utilize several data visualization tools, techniques and libraries in Python to present data visually.
- Understand and apply various supervised and unsupervised Machine Learning models and algorithms to address real world challenges using Python.
Over 2.5 million jobs in data science and related professions (Burning Glass)
Python most popular language for data science (KDnuggets)
Data Science and Analytics professionals have average starting salary of over $80,000 in the US.
Get more detailsVisit programme website
- Data Science
- Data Science Tools
- The Data Science Method
- SQL for Data Science
- Python Basics for Data Science
- Analyzing Data with Python
- Visualizing Data with Python
- Machine Learning with Python: A Practical Introduction
- Data Science and Machine Learning Capstone Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit programme website
- 12 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesData Science & Big Data Web Technologies & Cloud Computing View 481 other Short Courses in Web Technologies & Cloud Computing in United States
Explore more key informationVisit programme website
We are not aware of any specific GRE, GMAT or GPA grading score requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit programme website
International873 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 873 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National873 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 873 USD for the full programme during 12 months.