What is attention deficit hyperactivity disorder (ADHD)? What are the symptoms of ADHD? How is ADHD diagnosed? Get answers with this course that features fundamental information about ADHD, as well as the latest ADHD research.Through the understanding ADHD - Current Research and Practice at FutureLearn you will learn about ADHD as a developmental disorder, considering controversies related to the condition. You will learn about the diagnosis and best practice treatment of ADHD as you build your empathy towards people with ADHD. You will also learn practical strategies to help the educational and personal development of people with ADHD.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Discuss the prevalence and impact of ADHD in children, adolescents and adults.
- Discuss ADHD as a disorder and how it differs from normal behaviour.
- Be able to critically assess key factors in the conceptualisation and understanding of the disorder.
- Discuss the core challenges faced by those with ADHD, their families and relevant professionals.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- ADHD and the family
- ADHD and me
- Working with those affected by ADHD
- Voices of those with ADHD - living with ADHD
- Risk factors for ADHD
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSpecial Education Health Sciences View 138 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is for people with ADHD and anyone working with children and adults with ADHD. This includes parents and close family members, teachers, and educational (learning disability) assessors in schools and higher education and occupational therapists.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR per year during 1 months.
Upgrade$74Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.