On Interpreting for Refugees - Contexts, Practices and Ethics at FutureLearn , you’ll discover the role of the interpreter and explore the specific challenges of interpreting for refugees.
You’ll cover topics like cultural awareness, ethics and emotional reflexivity when working in situations that require cross-cultural communication.
You’ll consider the different work contexts you may be in as an interpreter for refugees, and learn the importance of your own wellbeing as well as your duty of care to the people you’re working with.
You’ll also have the opportunity to connect with other interpreters and tutors to share your knowledge and experiences.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Humanitarian interpreters’ definition, beneficiaries and work challenges
- Different work contexts for humanitarian interpreting
- Ethics, duty of care and self-care in humanitarian interpreting
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Translation & Interpreting View 56 other Short Courses in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course provides an interactive learning opportunity for anyone working in a humanitarian interpreter role, their trainers and service providers.
- The course will also be of interest to humanitarian workers and intercultural mediators as well as students interested in interpretation and mediation who aspire to work for organisations that support refugees and asylum seekers.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Upgrade$59Upgrade this course and you will get:
- Access to this course for as long as it’s on FutureLearn
- A print and digital Certificate of Achievement once you’re eligible
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.