Learn how to support students who have experienced complex trauma with this Teaching Students Who Have Suffered Complex Trauma course from Queensland University of Technology by FutureLearn .
Complex trauma affects the physical, emotional and social development of children and adolescents.
In order to minimise harm, teachers and school leaders need to respond appropriately using trauma-informed practices and policies.
In this course, you’ll get an introduction to what complex trauma is and how it affects young people’s development at school.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Describe what complex trauma is and how it affects children’s and adolescents’ development
- Describe the neurobiological impact of complex trauma on children’s and adolescents’ behaviours at school
- Identify trauma-informed practices that could minimise risk to school students who have experienced complex trauma
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Attachment and trauma theories
- The neuroscience behind the behaviours presented by students who have experienced complex trauma
- The impact on those who support students who have experienced complex trauma
- Strategies for minimising the risk to students in classrooms and schools
- The importance of applying trauma-informed practice and programs in schools
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 14 days
- 1 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Educational Psychology View 43 other Short Courses in Educational Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
This course is designed for teaching staff and education leaders who want to improve their professional practice. It may also be of interest to health and social care workers.For Australian educators, this course aligns with the following Australian Professional Standards for Teachers (APST):
- 1.1, 1.2, 1.5
- 3.3, 3.5
- 4.1, 4.3, 4.4
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 14 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.