In this Introduction to Cognitive Psychology - An Experimental Science course from University of York by FutureLearn you will learn how to conduct, analyse and understand cognitive psychology experiments.
Cognitive psychology is the scientific study of internal mental processes. On this course, you will be introduced to two key areas of cognitive psychology: reasoning and thinking and mental imagery.
You will explore cognitive psychology as an experimental science, as you consider the psychology of thinking and reasoning and the psychology of imagination and thinking visually. You will learn how to run an experiment, how to collect data, and understand the science behind memory and behaviour through experiments. You will also explore the effectiveness of experiments for the study of the mind.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Demonstrate an understanding of how the mind can be studied in a scientific way using experiments
- Develop your knowledge of the psychology of reasoning and thinking
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the psychology of mental imagery
- Perform a simple experiment in cognitive psychology
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?
- Psychology as an experimental science.
- How to run an experiment in psychology
- How Psychology studies memory using experiments
- Key aspects of the Psychology of thinking and reasoning
- Key aspects of the Psychology of imagination and thinking visually
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 4 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPsychology Educational Psychology Clinical Psychology View 33 other Short Courses in Clinical Psychology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course is designed for anyone with an interest in the workings of the mind and how to study this through experiments.
- This course will be of particular interest to those looking to study Psychology at university, and those thinking of applying to study degree level Psychology at the University of York.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 21 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.