Economic growth is no longer the best indicator of broader success. By 2050, the global population will reach 10 billion and we may face environmental crisis. If we are to thrive, and not just survive, into the next century, we will need new tools and new ways of thinking to tackle the challenges of today and ensure a successful and prosperous future for everyone.
On this course you will look at other approaches to defining success for society, examining how we must aim for a broader notion of prosperity at both a personal and planetary level.
By the end of the course, you‘ll be able to...
- Justify the need for a re-examination of the way we look at economics, and the role it plays in guiding society
- Gain an understanding of the origin of GDP and the context from which it emerged
- Gain an understanding of new approaches to measurement of success
- Describe what a framework of change is, and why they exist
- Recognise the potential for building a new economy that works better for people and the planet
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What topics will you cover?Week 1
- The origins and future of GDP
- The Democratic Deficit
- The state as the guardian of prosperity
- Measuring prosperity and potential new approaches
- Sites of exemplification
- The work of the RELIEF Centre
- Frameworks of change
- The Sustainable Development Goals
- The 2050 Challenge
- The Doughtnut development concept
- Business and the new economy
- Business and climate change
- Consumption habits
- Making a difference
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 30 days
- 2 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesEconomics Business Administration Econometrics View 26 other Short Courses in Economics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The course is for anyone concerned with global issues and the unprecedented challenges of the 21st Century. It aims to inspire students, entrepreneurs, and citizens with a positive picture of what we are capable of with just a little bit of re-direction. No prior knowledge of the subject is needed.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 30 days.
- Extra Benefits if you upgrade: From $59
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.