Systematic reviews play a crucial role in this era of Evidence Based Medicine and clinical guidelines. Systematic reviews use a systematic and transparent approach to identify all relevant articles, appraise the risk of bias, examine sources of variation, and, if appropriate, meta-analyse the results of the primary studies.
- Explain the rationale for performing a systematic review
- List the key steps of a systematic review
- Formulate a proper review question addressing a therapeutic dilemma
- Understand the design of a comprehensive and efficient search strategy to identify relevant RCT’s in electronic bibliographic databases
- Explain the main types of bias in a therapeutic study
- Assess primary studies (RCT) for their risk of bias and report these findings
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
By taking the program you will:
- Explain the difference between fixed and random effects approach and their assumptions
- Perform & interpret the findings of a meta-analysis (fixed & random approach)
- Interpret the different measures of heterogeneity
- Interpret the results of a meta-regression model
- List and explain the different types of reporting bias
- Critically appraise systematic reviews
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 31 May, 14 Feb
DisciplinesManagement, Organisation & Leadership Educational Research View 20 other Short Courses in Management, Organisation & Leadership in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enroll in this course, you need:
- A BSc degree in biomedical sciences, pharmaceutical sciences, medicine or veterinary medicine, or a comparable degree
- Basic knowledge about epidemiology and statistical data analysis. Elevate courses offering this knowledge include Introduction to Epidemiology and Introduction to Statistics
- Basic understanding of the principles of clinical epidemiology, regarding the design, conduct & analysis of a therapeutic randomized controlled trial.
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA870 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 870 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.