Topics discussed in this interdisciplinary course range from global health governance and policy to the role of health systems, ethics and advocacy for research and development, to the effects of globalization and innovation in global health on major health outcomes.
What is global health? Which global health challenges do we face? What are key principles of global health? Who are the major actors in global health and how do they influence global health policy? What are the Sustainable Development Goals and how could they advance addressing major health challenges globally? What is the role of health systems, international partnership, ethical aspects, equity and advocacy for research and development? And what is the impact of migration, globalisation and innovation on health outcomes? These are some of the questions and topics that will be interdisciplinary addressed in this course by international faculty and participants.
By the end of the Fundamentals of Global Health course from Utrecht University, you should be able to:
- Understand the health challenges of today’s globalizing world
- Apply what you learn directly to your own research
- Gain insights into methods used in global health research
- Find out how population health is affected by global trends
- Global health governance
- Health indicators and burden of disease
- Mixed-method approaches in global health research
- Social determinants of health
- Health transition
- Migration and health
- Health equity
- Development strategies
- 21 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHealth Administration Health Sciences View 21 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in Netherlands
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enrol in this course, you need:
- Preferably a Master’s degree, but at least a Bachelor’s degree (or the equivalent in medical education, public health, social sciences or related disciplines)
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
International445 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
EU/EEA445 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 445 EUR for the full programme during 21 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.