Students gain theory and application of principals related to decontamination, sterilization, storage and distribution of equipment in a medical device reprocessing area.
Medical Device Reprocessing Technician graduates will be prepared to work in a variety of settings from acute care hospitals to veterinary clinics.The Medical Device Reprocessing Technician Certificate Program from Vancouver Island University prepares graduates for a number of different job titles, including:
- Central Processing Assistant
- Central Supply Department Technician
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician
This program is offered on a full-time basis over 5.5 months. The courses are delivered online, in-person, and on hospital sites.
Flexibility is required, particularly during the clinical/practicum as shifts can be scheduled from 0700 to 1900.Practicum placements are currently hosted at Victoria General Hospital, Royal Jubilee Hospital and the Nanaimo Regional General Hospital. Students are responsible for securing accommodation and transportation to support their practicum experience.
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician: Theory
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician: Clinical Skills Basics
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician: Clinical/Practicum
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Health Sciences Engineering Management View 3 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in Canada
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Grade 12 graduation, or acceptable equivalent
- Grade 12 English with a grade of "C" or better, or acceptable equivalent
- If you do not meet the English prerequisite, please contact Student Assessment and Exam Invigilation Services, located at Nanaimo, Cowichan and Powell River, to arrange your assessment.
International9411 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9411 CAD for the full programme during 6 months.
National9411 CAD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9411 CAD for the full programme during 6 months.
- Tuition: $9411.75
- Student Union & Student Activity Fees: ~ $500
- Criminal Record Check Fee: $43.00
Living costs for Vancouver
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.