You will develop your knowledge of important basic structures of Spanish, along with key vocabulary to take part in simple exchanges in shops or when asking and giving directions. Whether you have studied Beginners Spanish 1: ¡Empezamos! (LGXS001) and Beginners Spanish 2: ¡En marcha! (LGXS002), or you choose this course as your starting point, you'll be able to improve your reading and listening skills in Spanish, and also increase your awareness of the cultural diversity of the Spanish speaking world.
After successfully completing this Beginners Spanish 3 course at The Open University UK , you will receive a digital badge. This can be shared on social media, added to email signatures or act as a certificate.
You will learn
After completing this course, you should be able to:
- communicate with speakers of Spanish in a limited range of predictable and simple contexts relating to everyday situations
- understand and use simple Spanish grammatical structures (for example, questions and statements), and common terms for everyday objects and events
- recognise and use basic Spanish phrases in formal and informal styles of communication and use polite forms of address and greetings
- show basic intercultural communicative competence, including an awareness of Spanish-speaking cultures and societies.
The course is designed to help you achieve a level of language proficiency equivalent to level A1 of the Council of Europe Common European Framework of Reference for languages (CEFR).
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
In Beginners Spanish 3: ¡Adelante! you will learn how to:
- make suggestions
- make phone calls formally and informally
- explain what you are doing today
- book accommodation and make formal requests in a hotel
- take part in simple exchanges in shops when shopping for food or clothes
- describe places and indicate their location
- ask and give directions and learn some vocabulary relating to travel
- talk about what is or is not allowed
- order food and drink in a bar or restaurant.
A country's culture forms an important part of learning a language so you will also discover information about different aspects of the Hispanic culture related to famous Hispanic buildings and to the importance of eating with family and friends.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 4 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Start: At anytime before registration end date
- Registration closes 31 December
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 118 other Short Courses in Language Studies in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- There are no entry requirements for this course.
- However, it's beneficial if you have some basic knowledge of Spanish, similar or equivalent to the language, skills and vocabulary practised in Beginners Spanish 1: ¡Empezamos! (LGXS001) and Beginners Spanish 2: ¡En marcha! (LGXS002).
- You will be given guidance on developing your language-learning skills such as different techniques to memorise vocabulary and approach grammatical topics.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
National195 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 195 GBP for the full programme during 4 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.