Our close ties with our neighbour allows us to make full advantage of resources from Russia – the teachers in the course are all native speakers of Russian and they all use the most up-to-date teaching materials published in Russia. Furthermore, the course offers a real opportunity for genuine communication in Russian – while at the same time offering European standards of service.
This programme differs from other winter or summer schools located in Russia or western countries, since it offers a unique bridge to the Russian language and culture.
Why this course?
- The connections with the universities and publishing houses in Russia provide us with the most up-to-date methods and materials for teaching Russian as a foreign language.
- The course combines the traditional approach to teaching Russian with the latest trends in this area. This allows us to make the studies as fruitful as possible for every single participant.
After a short written test, students will be divided into groups based on their initial proficiency in the Russian language. The number of groups depends on the number of participants, usually there are 3-4 groups. Please note that participants in one group might have slightly different levels, more advanced students can ask for additional tasks.
- 19 days
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Students are expected to attend 4 lessons a day. In order to get the winter school certificate, students have to participate in at least 75% of the classes and pass an exam at the end of the course.
DisciplinesLanguage Studies Languages Linguistics View 7 other Short Courses in Linguistics in Estonia
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Tallinn University and/or in Estonia, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- The course is suitable for students of Russian at all the levels, including complete beginners. It is ideal for students of political science majoring in the countries of the former Soviet Union, since it offers one of the best possibilities to compare two former Soviet countries as well as learn Russian. It is also perfect for those whose work or business is connected with Russia and the Russian language, and for anyone interested in Russian language and culture and appreciates the combination of high teaching standards with a fascinating cultural programme.
- The basic communication language is English.
International350 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
EU/EEA350 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 350 EUR for the full programme during 19 days.
The regular fee of the course is 540 EUR. For students the fee is 500 EUR.Accommodation and meals are not included in the price.
Living costs for Tallinn
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.