Many economic tools have been developed and are currently being applied to support decisions concerning animal health. These include basic methods such as partial budgeting, cost-benefit analysis and decision analysis, but also more advanced methodologies such as linear programming, the Markov chain and Monte Carlo simulation. By taking the Applied Economic Modeling for the Veterinary Sciences course from Utrecht University you will learn about all of these, together with how to detail the critical steps in a systems analysis and choose appropriate modeling types and techniques.
By gaining greater knowledge of economic concepts and theory during this course, you will be able to contribute in an informed manner to economic decision-making discussions, policy development and implementation.
Applied Economic Modeling for the Veterinary Sciences is one of the online medical courses that is part of MSc Epidemiology Postgraduate Online; the online MSc program in Epidemiology offered by Utrecht University, University Medical Center Utrecht, MSc Epidemiology and Elevate Health.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureBy the end of the course, you should be able to:
- Analyze economic problems using basic methods such as partial budgeting, cost-benefit analysis and decision analysis
- Detail the critical steps in system analysis and choose appropriate modeling types and techniques
- Describe the use of more advanced methodologies such as linear programming, Markov chains and Monte Carlo simulations
- Describe the uses of social cost-benefit analysis and multi-criteria analysis
- Discuss the importance of animal health economics in decision-making, implementation and evaluation of animal health programs, and in policy development and implementation processes.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 42 days
- 14 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Enrollment deadline 8 Nov
DisciplinesEconomics Veterinary Medicine View 12 other Short Courses in Economics in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
To enrol to this course, you need:
- A BSc or MSc, or a similar level of academic ability
- A basic understanding of veterinary epidemiology, statistical and mathematical applications.
- Basic MS Excel skills
- Sufficient proficiency in English reading and writing
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International595 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
EU/EEA595 EUR/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 595 EUR for the full programme during 42 days.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.