It is ideal for professionals and enables them to study the lecture material at their own pace and place.
- This distance learning Plant Pathology and Entomology course at the Wageningen University and Research has been developed by experts from the laboratories on plant sciences of Wageningen University & Research in cooperation with the Royal Netherlands Society of Plant Pathology (KNPV) and the Foundation Willie Commelin Scholten for Phytopathology (WCS). The modules have been successfully followed by a broad audience from more than 20 countries and are well-rated.
- Plant diseases can form a major threat to crops and ornamentals. Research on pathology & entomology can develop methodologies and strategies for durable plant control with a minimal negative impact on the environment. In this scientific field fundamental knowledge is gained about e.g. nematodes, viruses, plant pathogenic fungi, insects and the interaction with their host plants, bacteria and (a)biotic environmental factors.
- All study material is available on the online learning platform Blackboard Learn. The study material consists of built-in readers which contain all information, supported by interactive Q&A tests to check the acquired knowledge.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
We offer an online course Plant pathology and entomology consisting of 5 modules. You can register for any combination of modules.
- Phytopathology (incl. bacteria)
- Extra module General terms
This online course is designed for professionals working with plantpathology, entomology and related topics. Participants are assumed to have knowledge at BSc level of plant sciences or biology by education or work.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 2 days
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBiology Botany View 10 other Short Courses in Biology in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- To follow this course participants are assumed to have knowledge at BSc level of plant sciences or biology by education or work.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International495 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 EUR per module during 2 days.
EU/EEA495 EUR/moduleTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 495 EUR per module during 2 days.
Price: € 495,- per module (extra General module is free).
Price exam (optionally): € 195,- (travel and accommodation costs not included)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.