- Students will gain knowledge and skills related to diagnostic and learning style characteristics, causes and medical intervention, early signs and assessment protocols, social-communicative development and disorders, theoretical models and implications of those models for intervention, family characteristics and evidence-based intervention practices.
- The Autism Spectrum Disorders program at the Kent State University is most relevant for students who want to specialize in ASD and/or professionals assuming leadership roles in supporting individuals with ASD and their families in the programs and organizations in which they work.
Kent State University is an affiliate of the National Association of State Universities and Land Grant Colleges and the American Association of State Colleges and Universities. The university is accredited by The Higher Learning Commission and is a member of the North Central Association.
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Theory and Diagnosis
- Autism Spectrum Disorders: Life Span Interventions
- Social Communication Aspects of Autism Spectrum Disorders
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Pharmacological Intervention in SPED
- Medical Aspects of Lifespan Disabilities
- Individual Investigation: SPA
- Research in SPA
- Special Topics in Special Education
- Autism Spectrum Disorders Capstone
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
- No Attendance
- Continuous support with feedback on request
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions), Online group works/assignments
DisciplinesHealth Sciences View 161 other Short Courses in Health Sciences in United States
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- Minimum 3.000 GPA
- Official transcript(s)
- Goal statement
- Two letters of recommendation
International8600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
National8600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8600 USD for the full programme during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.