This Womenswear Pattern Cutting Intensive course from London College of Fashion has been designed as a great first step towards setting up your own business or a career as a professional pattern cutter.
- You’ll start with an introduction to the industry standard size 12 block and be taken step by step through the core skills of pattern reading and style interpretation. You’ll then move on to use this knowledge to alter different parts of the pattern pieces, practicing many variations of styles over an extended period of study whilst under the guidance of a specialist.
- You’ll learn how to move darts to change the look of a garment as well as creating ease or a tighter fit.
- You’ll also be shown how to create varying silhouettes and how to adapt patterns for different types of daywear fabrics. Your tutor will give you technical advice on laying out pattern pieces when cutting fabric and elements of garment construction such as seam allowances and fastenings.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 122 other Short Courses in Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Stiletto awl
- Metric tape measure
- 3/4 H pencils
- Magic scotch tape
- Glue stick
- Fine pointed tracing wheel
- Fine steel pins
- Fabric shears
- Paper shears
- Felt tip pen (or magic marker)
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.