If you're interested in fashion but perhaps not in design, then this Fashion Styling and Media Summer School for 16 to 18 Year Olds, from London College of Fashion, hands on intensive fashion media course will introduce you to the exciting worlds of PR, photography, catwalks, fashion journalism, styling and make up-artistry, culminating in the creation of your own editorial and style blog.
It's perfect if you're a budding celebrity stylist, fashion journalist or fashion PR.
The aim of this course is to give you a taster of different elements of the fashion industry, but with concrete outputs to take away and use as the basis for beginning your fashion career.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The different roles of the fashion media: which one is for you
- Analysing and writing press releases: selling the dream
- Catwalk reporting and fashion interview techniques
- Trend spotting and street style writing: who influences and why
- Creating your own fashion blog
- The principles and practice of styling: what goes into making a fashion image
- Editorial make up demos
- Planning and executing your own fashion editorial (professional photographer provided)
- Historical context fashion field trip
- 14 days
Start dates & application deadlines
Enquire about this course and we will contact you when new dates are published.
DisciplinesDesign Fashion, Textiles and Luxury Goods Fashion Design View 91 other Short Courses in Fashion Design in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
In order to fully participate in the practical exercises please bring the following materials/equipment to the first class:
- Notebook and pen
- Camera/phone with download lead/card reader
- Clothes, shoes and accessories you might want to wear/loan to others for your shoot
- Most make-up will be provided for your photo shoot, but please bring your own foundation and mascara, plus make up remover/wipes and headband
- USB stick (at least 8GB) to save work and images
To Be Confirmed!
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.