The From Fossil Resources to Biomass - A Business and Economics Perspective Certificate from EdX is offered in partnership with Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX.
Explore how to create a sustainable future by moving away from dependence on fossil to biomass resources for the production of food, chemicals, and energy-carriers. The key is using microorganisms and catalysts to create biobased products. In this course, you will focus on the end of the supply chain - how to market and sell those products within a profitable business model.
Join this course if you want to advance your career and get the latest academic knowledge on creating a more sustainable biobased future.
After this course, you will have an improved understanding of other relevant disciplines, and be able to better communicate outside of your own field of expertise in chemistry or technology. You will get a solid foundation of relevant concepts in the biobased economy and biobased products such as:
- An introduction to biobased sciences
- Achieving sustainability
- Consumer behaviour
- Logistics and supply chains
- Economics and regulations
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat you'll learn:
- Understand the concept and importance of the biobased economy and the value of biobased products;
- Assess sustainability issues for a given biobased case;
- Decide how to implement a consumer point of view during the development of a biobased product;
- Understand commercial, financial and organizational aspects of running a biobased business;
- Understand the complexity of logistics of biobased value chains;
- Identify and qualitatively assess the major economic implications of different kind of regulations for the future of the biobased economy.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
- 20 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Biology Biodiversity & Conservation View 4 other Short Courses in Chemistry in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- BSc in technology, engineering (and applied) sciences. You should have at least BSc level knowledge on courses and topics such as chemistry, mathematics and process engineering.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.