Introduction to Child Development from Institute of Psychoanalysis is presented by members of the Institute of Psychoanalysis. This course includes a transcript of each lecture.
Students at Introduction to Child Development from Institute of Psychoanalysis will:
- familiarise them with psychoanalytic theories of Child Development
- develop their awareness and understanding of the emotional life of human beings from birth to young adulthood, from a psychoanalytic perspective.
- learn what are the expected behaviors and emotional reactions at different stages of development, and discuss challenging situations that one may encounter as a parent, a teacher or a health professional
- Setting the scene
- Toddlers and early childhood
- Who am I? In search of self
- Setting forth and letting go
- Breakdown in adolescence
This course is ideal for parents of young children, people that work with children or students of psychology, nursing, and education.
All of the lectures are hosted by members and fellows of the British Psychoanalytical Society.
- 6 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesSocial Work Psychology Nursing View 111 other Short Courses in Psychology in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Undergraduate students of any discipline
- Anyone with an interest in Psychoanalysis
International120 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 120 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
National120 GBP/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 120 GBP for the full programme during 6 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.