The Sneaker Essentials program from Fashion Institute of Technology SUNY includes 6 online course modules, and related skill-building activities.
Each module is 3-5 hours, and is broken into several shorter lessons that students complete at their own pace. Students earn a non-credit certificate of completion from FIT.
- Explore the history of sneakers – from performance, to fashion, to self-expression – and the evolution of sneaker culture.
- Gain an understanding of design considerations including the design brief, color, materials, parts and lasts, sketching and drafting, tech packs, and prototyping.
- Go inside the factory to see how sneakers are made and learn about key steps like pattern making, upper assembly, outsole application, and production.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Get insider access to key areas of the industry with 45+ on-demand video lessons, and build real-world skills through self-paced projects and simulations.
- Learn about all the various career paths in the sneaker world, and get first-hand tips and advice on how to achieve your goals from the biggest names in the business.
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesBusiness Administration Design Marketing View 308 other Short Courses in Business Administration in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.