In this Privacy Law and Data Protection offered by Coursera in partnership with University of Pennsylvania, we’ll look at the practical aspects of navigating the complex landscape of privacy requirements.
Better understanding privacy laws and data protection will enable you to protect your organization and the constituents that depend on your organization to safeguard their personal information. First, we will examine the historical context that drove the creation of laws, best practices, and other standards for protecting personal information. We will also consider where in the U.S. privacy laws exist and which sectors remain unregulated.
Next, we will focus on the federal health privacy law, the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA) – and what it takes to comply with it. How do you know the scope of the requirements? And once you know HIPAA applies, how do you actually put measures in place to ensure compliance?
What You Will Learn
- Provide methods for protecting privacy using the Fair Information Principles
- Identify the laws and regulations that pertain to data protection
- Identify the privacy obligations that can apply to complex organizations
- Identify strategies for managing compliance issues related to privacy laws and data protection
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Privacy: Legal Issues, Landscape & Chronology
- Security & Breach Notification
- Other Ways that Privacy is Regulated
Details on Coursera Plus:
- Learn Anything: Explore any interest or trending topic, take prerequisites, and advance your skills
- Save money: Spend less money on your learning if you plan to take multiple courses this year
- Flexible Learning: Learn at your own pace, move between multiple courses, or switch to a different course
- Unlimited Certificates: Earn a certificate for every learning program that you complete at no additional cost
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesPatent & Intellectual Property Law Civil & Private Law Legal Studies View 17 other Short Courses in Legal Studies in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD for the full programme during 1 months.
You can choose from hundreds of free courses, or get a degree or certificate at a breakthrough price. You can now select Coursera Plus, an annual subscription that provides unlimited access.
Coursera provides financial aid to learners who cannot afford the fee. Apply for it by clicking on the Financial Aid link beneath the "Enroll" button on the left. You'll be prompted to complete an application and will be notified if you are approved. You'll need to complete this step for each course in the Specialization, including the Capstone Project.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.