The upcoming years are all about creating a sustainable future where it is necessary to move away from fossil resources and explore and implement the opportunities that biomass as a renewable energy source gives us.
Join this course if you want to learn how to create a sustainable future by moving away from dependence on fossil resources to biomass resources for the production of food, chemicals and energy-carriers. You will learn what biomass is, how to produce biomass renewable energy- and biomass fuel and how to make biobased products.
You will get a solid understanding of how chemistry works in a biobased economy and in the production of biomass renewable products. Your valuable knowledge will help your company drive into sustainability and actually make the transition to use biomass resources to produce biobased products.
This From Fossil Resources to Biomass - A Chemistry Perspective course at Wageningen University and Research - WageningenX is part of the MicroMasters program Business and Economics for a Circular economy.
Explore the other courses in the MicroMasters program:
- Circular Economy: An Interdisciplinary Approach
- Economics and Policies in a Biobased Economy
- Capstone Business and Economics for a Circular Economy
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
What you'll learn
- Understand the basic chemical and technological concepts underlying the biobased value chain
- Understand the factors and methods that can influence production of biobased crops
- Understand how the composition and chemical nature of biomass fractions determines the processing steps within a biorefinery
- Understand the potential of microorganisms for the production of biobased products.
- Explain how catalysis can contribute to a biobased economy
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 35 days
- 20 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesChemistry Natural Resource Management View 3 other Short Courses in Natural Resource Management in Netherlands
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- To optimally learn in/from and complete the complete MicroMasters Program we expect you to have a bachelor degree in social sciences (preferably business-, or economics). However, there is no formal entry level requirement for this MOOC.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
Add a Verified Certificate for $149 USD
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.