Examine whether global cooperation is possible despite cultural difference.
We live in a wonderfully diverse world, but with difference often comes conflict. Is global cooperation between humans possible despite their cultural, institutional, and environmental differences? Do ideological confrontations endanger international cooperation?
Find out with this course exploring organizations and cultures across the globe. Evaluate beliefs about the “clash of civilisations” and examine whether our world really is becoming more liberal.
What will you achieve?
By the end of the Global Studies - Cultures and Organizations in International Relations from Grenoble Ecole de Management by FutureLearn, you'll be able to:
- Improve your knowledge in international studies (including history, theories of international relations and international economics)
- Compare the way international institutions and national states address the fragmentation of World politics and policies (with the help of intercultural and organizational studies)
- Reflect upon economic, demographic, geographic, and anthropological data
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureWhat topics will you cover?
- Universalism and authenticity
- Modernity and tradition
- Conflicting ideologies
- Pretended or true cultural distinctions
- Going alone or getting along
- Intercultural negotiations
- Waves of democratisation
- Waves of deregulation
- Setbacks: non linear change
- Nationalism, anti-colonialism
- Back to the past: the world in 1925
- A step towards the future: the World in 2025
- 1 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- No Attendance
- Proactive tutoring and support
- Individual work/assignments (with online group discussions)
DisciplinesArea & Cultural Studies International Relations Management, Organisation & Leadership View 13 other Short Courses in International Relations in United Kingdom
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- This course will be of particular interest to business and international relations students, professionals who work in global businesses, IGOs and NGOs experts and negotiators who are or may be confronted to intercultural experiences.
- However it doesn’t require any previous experience and anyone with an interest in global politics and culture can take part.
InternationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
NationalFreeTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 0 USD per year during 1 months.
It's free to join and study this course, you have the option to upgrade and receive a digital and printed certificate for $79. Additional benefits can be reached via the Unlimited FutureLearn product.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.