About the programme
The world of creation is changing, design is becoming a melting pot of disciplines and their practice is being liberalized. The multidisciplinary approach is a part of a mixture process of the fields of application of cretivity.
The hybrid Foundation in Global Design programme of the Istituto Europeo Di Design (IED) welcomes students to an open study plan with clear intentions: piquing their curiosity, developing creativity and discovering several expressions of design.
This yearly course introduces students to disciplines of product design, interior design, fashion design, graphic design, advertising and marketing, and delves in the expression of cretivity and development of versatility and flexibility.
This course takes places within the multicultural context of IED Barcelona, whose aim is to provide knowledge beyond the limits of specific fields, encouraging and providing the natural skills, common to all students, while learning about other disciplines and the links between them all.
Furthermore, IED Barcelona regularly schedules conferences, seminars, presentations and activities involving outstanding professionals from all fields of design that help students to get involved with dynamics of multidisciplinarity.
The course will be developed in three modules:
- A theoretical module to acquire academic knowledge
- A practical module to acquire techniques
- A module for multidisciplinary projects
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- The Foundation in Global Deisgn is addressed to all those interested in getting into the disciplines of product design, interior design, fashion design, graphic design, advertising and marketing, helping them to choose the path they want to become their career. During this year, students will acquire the essentials of creation and design.
- Also, at the end of the course students can create their own work portfolio, an essential tool in the world of design to break into the professional life with more guarantees. The said portfolio captures the practical abilities of a designer, who can show it to future clients or other design schools or institutions.
International14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA14600 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14600 EUR for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Barcelona
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.