Developed by Blockchain at Berkeley and faculty from UC Berkeley's premier Computer Science department, the Blockchain Fundamentals Professional Certificate program is a comprehensive survey of core topics in cryptocurrency, including Bitcoin, and blockchain technology.
This Blockchain Fundamentals program from University of California, Berkeley - UC BerkeleyX will help you develop the critical skills needed to future-proof your career.
The barrier of entry for the blockchain space can oftentimes seem rather high, especially since the concept of blockchain and the benefits it provides is not yet as widely understood as other innovations.
In order to overcome this barrier, this program will explore the main ideas, technologies, and ecosystem surrounding blockchain technology from both technical and non-technical standpoints.
This program will help you develop the intuition for thinking of blockchain systems. You will learn the key strengths and motivations of distributed ledger technology, and also be exposed to the underlying mechanisms by which they function.
- Blockchain-related jobs are the second fastest growing in today’s labor market, currently with 14 job openings for every 1 blockchain developer. (Source: TechCrunch)
- Demand is off the charts for blockchain talent, and the capital is waiting to back it up. More than $3.7 billion has been raised through ICOs in the United States alone. (Source: TechCrunch)
- DTCC's Fintech Symposium recently noted the lack of available talent for blockchain industry jobs, and their desire to help invest in blockchain jobs and helping people to develop the necessary skills to fill those jobs.
- According to Forbes, the average salary of a blockchain engineer in Silicon Valley is $158,000. Programmers who have experience in Solidity (language for creating smart contracts) is in short supply and high demand.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Bitcoin and Cryptocurrencies
- Blockchain Technology
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 3 months
- 3 hrs/week
Start dates & application deadlines
DisciplinesFinance Web Technologies & Cloud Computing Digital Communication View 150 other Short Courses in Finance in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International178 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 178 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
National178 USD/fullTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 178 USD for the full programme during 3 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.